Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lost and Found!

I was organizing stock and preparing for inventory at the store when I found a case of Silver Oak 2004 Alexander Valley hidden away - Whoa, what a discovery!  As I put it into the lock-box with our other "special day" wines I started thinking about the last time I had a glass of Silver Oak...

It was last summer and I had been invited to a "release" party to celebrate the 2005 Silver Oak Alexander Valley hitting the marketplace. We did a vertical tasting (that's where you taste previous vintages of the same wine - so,  2001, 2002, 2003 and so on, up to the current release) of both the Napa, and the Alexander Valley.

The '05 AV was a terrific wine, with complex, dark fruit and great aromatics, but (IMHO) – the ‘04 beat it out hands down due to that extra year of bottle age... There's something to be said for a wine that's been resting, aging, and developing some bottle character.  The 2004 was a show-stopper - very smooth, rich and accessible. I'm thinking that with another full year under it's belt the '04 is drinking really well right now!  I've seen it on the internet for $70+  but World Market has it for $59.99!

Father's Day is right around the corner, what a fabulous gift for Dad or that special someone who loves wine, or just to treat yourself - go on, you're worth it!
Find it ~ Buy it ~ Try it ~ Love it!
Salud`  KathyD

Here are some reviews and notes on the 2004 Silver Oak Alexander Valley




No comments:

Wine Events

There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews