Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cline Cashmere 2008

Ahhh, I love our Beverage meetings! I always come away with a new favorite, or having experienced a renewed appreciation for a forgotten wine sampled long ago.

My selection today is from Cline, a great producer in California who consistently turns out wines of high caliber and extreme ‘drinkability’ at value prices.

At yesterday’s meeting we sampled about 10 wines - the one that my tasting notes reflected as standing head and shoulders above the others was the Cline Cashmere, a wine that we have carried for many years.

A southern Rhone-styled wine out of California, the Cashmere pays tribute to the Chateauneauf du Pape region with its traditional CDP blending of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.

I must admit to having a secret love for this blend of grapes; GSMs have long been at the top of my favorite’s list and when I saw the Cashmere was on the table for the meeting I danced for joy! (Well, not really, but I was dancing inside!) My very detailed notes on this wine are copied below:

“GSM ~ Cline Cashmere ~ YUMMY!”

Okay, so I’m not Robert Parker; I’m just a person who loves wine and although I appreciate a wide variety of styles and varietals, having a GSM just floats my boat.

The deep color, huge aromatics, beautiful fruit and rich mouth-feel are compelling; the wine ends with some soft, yet firm, tannins – it all comes together in a wine that you just can’t put down. Glass, after glass, bottle after bottle, you’ll love this wine and wish you had bought more!

Read the accolades for the Cline Cashmere, and the winemaker’s notes below.

$13.99 p/bottle

Wine Events

There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews